Hi, my name is Dan and I take pictures. I am a photographer located in Belleville, Ontario and I provide services to the Quinte, Kingston, Cobourgh, Peterborough and surrounding areas.
I bought my first DSLR so I could take pictures of my newborn son. Learning to use that camera opened up a whole world of creative possibilities and I was hooked.
Now I always carry a camera with me and I'm always on the lookout for interesting landscapes, architecture, plants... well you get the point, I like to take pictures. Now that I look back, I was passionate about photography long before I got that DSLR.
As of late, you'll also find me at music shows standing next to a speaker or crawling around trying to get just the right angle of the bass player. Music has always been a major part of my life. I've been playing drums for over 20 years, and have dabbled in other instruments with various levels of success. Music photography is just a natural fit for me. If you'd like me to come photograph your show, drop me a line.
Also, don't forget to follow me on your favourite social network by clicking the icons below!
All images are Creative Commons, Non-Commercial. With Creative Commons you are free to use images on your blog, for fun etc., under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Danny Sheppard and www.dannysheppard.com must be made along with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity of what defines commercial use, please see the Sample Accepted Uses below.
- No Derivative Works: You may not alter, transform, or build upon the image.
- Blog Post describing a trip to Newfoundland
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by me. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution Size – number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
All licensing inquiries should be sent to me by using the Contact link at the top of this page.
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home
For licensing details click the link below.
All work on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.